Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Taking stock :: January 2017

Work in progress
Making : Drawing this girl {above} in my journal writing book . Making my journal a little more fun and colourful :)
Cooking : Toast nothing fancy
Drinking : Big mug of green tea and apple cider vinegar
Reading: old issues of Somerset Studio magazines{such inspiration }
Trawling: The Telly trying to find something half decent to watch.
Wanting: NEW ART SUPPLIES !!! need I say more
Looking: at the cow's from my patio .The girls are in the paddock behind us for a while .I love how curious they are.


 Deciding: if I should cave in and buy Jodi Ohl new book Abstracts in Acrylic and ink.
Wishing: Everyone the most amazing 2017 .
Enjoying: Art !
Waiting: for the kids to all get ready so I can go into town and check mail.
Liking: the cooler weather
Wondering: how windy it will be in town today
Loving: The beautiful photo's my friend Belinda takes !

Photo credit : Belinda Mengersen @bella_mengersen on instagram
 

 Pondering: if the kids will actually get along today !!
Listening: to 21 Pilots house of gold
Considering: going for a picnic at the park while in town ?
Buying: Dishwashing tablets .......I forgot them last week
Watching: lots mixed media tutorials on youtube
Hoping: my parcel is waiting for me when I check mail .....new journal
Marvelling: That its a New Year already.
Cringing: at the thought of seeing snakes on the road today as its Hot we usually see quiet  a few.
Needing: Mixed Media art paper and the new Somerset Studio magazine !
Questioning: the actions of some people
Smelling: my perfume .
Wearing: Jeans ,singlet and thongs
Noticing: how beautiful it is on the farm.
Thinking: I want to doodle
Admiring: all the artists and crafty people on Instagram and in blog land
Getting: my camera out and finally put it to use .
Bookmarking: photography short courses and ART classes
Disliking: nasty people
Opening: the new peanut butter jar ! YUM
Closing: what was 2016


 Feeling: happy &grateful
Hearing: the laugh from my 3 year old
Celebrating: the start of 2017
Pretending: to have it all together
Embracing: what 2017 will bring ........


Want a taking stock list ? I got mine from Pip's blog HERE

Hugs
Lisa xo

Linking to PAINT PARTY FRIDAY




12 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Lee, thank you for visiting my blog :D)
I've just been looking through your posts and I love your delightful girls, their eyes bring them to life. The colours are sweet too.
Also, the (cow) girls are lovely too - I used to have a milking cow... their eyes get to me also. Cheerio now and will catch up again!

Sarah Leonard said...

That's a wonderful roundup of your year. Gorgeous art work too. Happy PPF :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely painting, and great photo of the cows. They are very curious creatures.
Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

taking stock- I like that very much. Thanks for sharing yours along with the link to the list. Love your sweet girl along with all the others! The Jodi Ohl book? Mine's on its way any day now:) I like her work and chose to buy the book before spending more money for her latest online class. Happy PPF and happy New Year!
PS- we have snow so I really wish I was on that beach right now:)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

So cute and sweet this painting. Love the photos especially the cows. Have a very nice weekend.

Gloria J Zucaro said...

Wow! Lots of thought flowing. What is a singlet? I love the cows and the beach scene. Here's to another creative year. Your faces are so lovely!

Faye said...

Such a great post! I am inspired by your painting of the sweet-faced girl. I think maybe I will try to do a portrait this afternoon. Hope your 2017 is healthy and happy.

BrownPaperBunny said...

She's so lovely, as are all the ladies in your grid! Happy PPF!

Laney said...

This was a fun list to read! I love how the cows are looking at you/the camera. My grandparents had a farm when I was little - And I still love seeing cows and chickens! Your art is beautiful and I love seeing your faces/girls paintings. I hope your new journal was in the mail - and I think Jodi Ohl's book looks really good. (Like your new blog design, too. ;) Happy PPF!

Tammie Dickerson said...

Your girl is wistful and magical! Best wishes for the new year and happy PPF! :)

sirkkis said...

Love your cute girls. Very original creations. Thanks for sharing beautiful photos.
Happy new year ♥

Giggles said...

I love your paintings so much...truly so talented!! This was a very fun read and a great way to start a journal!

Hugs Giggles